Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Project Bookshelf" now complete . . .


My apologies to my multitude of readers (ahem, Arby and, uh, well, nevermind) who have been clamoring for photo's of my latest handiwork. Wait no more, dear readers!

You'll remember from this post that I volunteered to build a new bookshelf for the school room. Nothing too fancy; just something that the kids can use to store their school binders, workbooks and pencil boxes. Plus some display space on top for odds and ends like globes and CD players.


I have to admit I'm extremely pleased with the finished product.

Given the fact that I did the whole thing with no workbench and only a Skillsaw and cordless drill, I'm pleased. My wife was extremely pleased with the finished product, which makes it even better.

I doubt it will remain as neat as it is now, but it's nice to see. The chairs you can see on the right face the school table. No pictures of that right now as it is not suitable for public viewing. However, here's a shot of the reading area at the other end of the room. As you look at the photo above of the bookshelf and windows, the sofa is behind you.



Time to snuggle up and read some books!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nicely done! If you ever have a few spare days, I'll send you some dimensions. Glad you posted. Clamoring is exhausting!

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

Please don't let my wife see this blog entry as it may get in the way of my busy home schedule that consists mostly of watching the Olympics on TV (these days).