Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ah, the glamorous life of the business traveler

So, after a long stretch of no travel, I'm back on the road again. Atlanta to Kansas City to Washington DC, then finally home tonight. I have to admit that I do often lead somewhat of a charmed life when I travel. Delta Crown Room, periodic upgrades to First Class, high-end hotels with a room on the concierge level, and great food. Of course, those trips are regularly balanced by those with long security lines, middle seats in row 28, no-name hotels with sirens echoing through the concrete canyons outside the windows, and Taco Bell.


I did have a chance to go out to dinner with my niece while in DC. It's hard to believe that she, the oldest of my 9 nieces and nephews, is old enough to have a career and her own apartment in the big city. We had a blast visiting. We caught up on her job and mine, her parents, my wife and kids, my parents / her grandparents, etc. It was fun, yet odd, to converse with her as an adult, rather than a kid or even a teenager.

No travel next week, but then it's two weeks of long travel. Boston, New Orleans, and Dallas. That round includes a conference over a weekend (where I'm actually speaking!). But, then it's vacation time!!!

Hopefully, you weren't here looking for immense humor or profundity. You'll not be finding it. Maybe next week!

By the way, Tinkerbelle is recovering nicely after her bout with pneumonia. We're looking forward to a nice, calm weekend.

No comments: