Sunday, January 13, 2008

Good Heavens!

OK. I'm a miserable blogger. By that I mean "very poor at blogging", not "a blogger who leads a miserable life". In fact, my life is quite spiffy, thank you very much. Everytime I think I have something to complain about, I just look around a bit. And then shut up.

No, instead I'm talking about the quality / quantity / consistency of my blogging. I've just not been keeping to it. I wonder why?

Yes, we're just past the holidays, and I've been trying to get back in the "work" swing of things first. (Trust me: five consecutive days of work, including two on the road, was NOT easy. I can't remember the last time I did that!) But, I could at least drop in and say hello now and again.

It's quite late and I don't have the stamina to think/ write / edit / post at length on any number of the subjects I have percolating right now, but a short index of coming posts (I promise!) would include:
  1. an analysis of The Chronicles of Narnia, as I've just finished the entire set (again) and have many thoughts,
  2. a belated post on "how do you do Santa" with a review of how we've handled the concept, historical figure, and consumeristic legend for the past few years. (Granted, we've probably all had about as much about Santa as we can handle until next Advent / Thanksgiving / Halloween / Labor Day / how soon will they start the "holiday's" next year),
  3. a review of life in a "work at home / school at home" family after almost 2 years and what we've learned and what we'd like to change,
  4. etc etc etc.

OK, that's at least three major posts (some perhaps with multiple chapters). I should be good through the first quarter - you think?

Signing off,

Chris

ps: I've been roaming about the blogosphere and found one of the "best homeschool dad" nominated blogs (www.themangotimes.com). He cleverly closes his posts with

"quietly making noise,

Fletch"

Here's my question: is there some clever "close" that I can use that is relevant to my world?

Hmmmm?

In the meantime. . . .

Chris

3 comments:

Laura said...

Yay! I'm looking forward to reading all those great-looking posts you have planned.

Fletch said...

chris...
you can try what i did and just steal some nifty close from someone else.
jimmy buffet wrote "quietly making noise" (http://users.fire2wire.com/mangoandy/quietlymakingnoise.mp3)
quietly making noise,
fletch

Laura said...

Tag, you're it! Just what you need... something else to blog about. Come on over to my blog and check out the Book Meme at http://apollosacademy.blogspot.com/2008/01/book-meme.html

Blessings!