Tuesday, January 1, 2008

FPOY*

* "first post of the year"

Happy New Year! My blogging has been absurdly light (and pathetically uninspired) throughout the holiday season. I'll just claim "I was spending time with my family!" as an acceptable excuse.

For the 3 or 4 regular readers out there, know that you won't have much new to read this week either. After almost a month at home, I'm off tomorrow morning for the first trip of the year. Look out, Las Vegas, here I come! And, yes, it's business. After 8 years of annual kick-off meetings at our corporate training facility in northeastern snowy climes, we're actually being treated to a trip somewhere interesting.

I've never been to Vegas and I'm not a gambler. (OK, except for our down-and-dirty card games played at family reunions where we play "the nickel game"). Regardless, this should be an interesting trip. I won't have much free time to sight-see, but I'll try to find something culturally redeeming to experience and blog about later. (feel free to not hold your breath)

In the meantime, Happy New Year to all.

1 comment:

Timothy Power said...

Yes, "I was spending time with my family" is definitely an acceptable excuse.

I do hope that you find something culturally redeeming when you visit Vegas. I have some relatives who live there, and I visited them for a wedding back in '98 (with my lovely bride-to-be in tow! It was very romantic).

Unfortunately, I personally didn't find much there that I would call "culturally redeeming." It seemed to me that the entire place was a colossal monument to human greed. But I refuse to be that pessimistic about a whole city! So I hope you find those redeeming qualities that were withheld from my eyes, and post about them, so my faith in humanity can be restored.

:-)