Wednesday, October 17, 2007

New Naming Conventions

For those of you paying attention, I've made some changes in my profile. I realized that referring to my daughters as DD1 and DD2 was pathetically boring. Thus, new nicknames have been assigned.

Due to our recent family trip to Disney, princess-oriented nicknames are quite the fashion around here. Thus, the eldest is now "Belle" and her sister is "Tinkerbell". These names are actually quite fitting. As in the movie, our Belle loves to read. Similarly, our Tinkerbell is a bright and sparkling light who is nonetheless prone to occasional fits of moodiness and tears.

Meanwhile, "The Boy" is still an entirely appropriate name. He is in fact ALL boy (even when playing tea party with his sisters). However, he was quite the charmer with all of the princesses in the Magic Kingdom. Hence, his alternate name "Prince Charming".

1 comment:

Timothy Power said...

Wow. I neglect to check your blog for a few days, and when I come back, you've done three or four new posts!

Yeah, I've been contemplating changing a couple of kids' handles. For one thing, when my wife dubbed the second girl "Adrenalin Junkie", she actually misspelled the word adrenaline. Or rather, without the silent E, the word is actually a trade name; the actual chemical is spelled with the silent E.

But the name "Happy Boy" has been less and less appropriate as of late. You see, he's mobile now; and wherever he is, he usually wants to be somewhere else and is generally discontented until he gets there.

So the two names I've thought of to replace it are "Beamish Boy" (hat tip to Lewis Carroll), and the "All Boy", because it just fits. Though, it sounds like it also fits yours....