Friday, March 30, 2007

Quotes of the Week (v2)

“Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.”
- Bobby Knight

“The truth is that many people set rules to keep from making decisions.”
- Mike Krzyzewski

“I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.”
- Jim Valvano

“If all I'm remembered for is being a good basketball player, then I've done a bad job with the rest of my life.”
- Isiah Thomas

“Not only is there more to life than basketball, there's a lot more to basketball than basketball.”
- Phil Jackson

“We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors.”
- Weldon Drew

“My priorities are family, Lord, profession - And that's not the order it should be, but I think No. 2 understands.”
- John Wooden

“Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.”
- Tim Duncan

“Fans never fall asleep at our games. They're afraid they might get hit by a pass.”
- George Raveling

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
- Hebrews 11:1

“It’s not what you tell them that’s important. It’s what they hear.”
- Red Auerbach

“God had a plan for me and I'm just fulfilling that plan, ... Just like HIV. I was the one that was supposed to go through that challenge and go through that period because that brought light to HIV and AIDS. They needed somebody and it was me, and I feel really good about what I have accomplished.”
- Magic Johnson

“First master the fundamentals.”
- Larry Bird

“The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets.”
- Al McGuire

“The strong take from the weak and the smart take from the strong.”
- Pete Carril

“Consider the rights of others before your own feelings, and the feelings of others before your own rights.”
- John Wooden

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi. I am a homeschooling mom. I just started my blog here. Just scouting out other homeschoolers...... stop by my blog sometimes if you can.

neat-- I like quotes! thanks for sharing
--Kimberly