Friday, March 16, 2007

What a morning!

My alarm was set to go off at 7:15 this morning. Amazingly, I only hit "snooze" twice before finally getting up. Due to a short commute (down one flight of stairs and through the playroom), I don't have to get up early.

This morning was particularly beautiful. The mountains around us were shrouded in gray mist with a whiteish cloud nestled down in the valley below us. I sat in the living room looking out at the view and listened to the quiet of the house. I was the only person up. It was 7:45. If our kids were in public school, they would have already been at school for 30 minutes. Given the fact that it's a 25 minute drive to the "local" elementary school, we would have had to leave at 6:45, which means we would have ALL been out of be before 6:00.

Instead, I was sipping coffee quietly at 7:45.

Now, school is going on upstairs with well-rested students and a well-rested teacher.

Life is good! Homeschooling isn't always easy, but days like today sure remind us that it's worth it.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Don't you just LOVE those days?! Thanks for the reminder.