Thursday, January 8, 2009

In case you were wondering . . .

1) Playing Wii Mario Cart for an hour right before bed is not conducive to falling right to sleep (but it does generate new aches and pains!)
2) Watching a few episodes from Season 1 of 24 right before bed is also not conducive to falling right to sleep (but it does generate some mighty interesting dreams!)
3) Doing both of those in the same evening can lead to a long, sleepless night indeed!!

Happy New Year!! Apparently, not traveling does not lead to more frequent blog posting, since I have been in town every night since my last post and yet three weeks have passed. Hmmm. Apparently, a new Wii (family Christmas gift) and 24 (we're trying to finish Season 1 before the new season starts on Sunday) are not conducive to blogging, either.

I trust that each and every one of you (ie "both of you") had a great Christmas. Ours here at the Mountain Homeschool was great. No overnight trips; lots of playing with family. Work-related angst increased ("oops, I don't have the head-count for you afterall!") and then subsided ("hey, can I get you on my team?") Details and exact job description TBD, but it looks like I'll be traveling a good bit less than last year. Yeah!! I've been working on my home office (pictures to follow once I'm done); now it looks like I'll be able to actually use it.

That's enough for now; I'll start blogging about more substantive issues in the near future. Or not. Maybe just link to some fun video's. Regardless, I'll try to be around more often.

Note to Tim: I LOVED Dr. Horrible; sorry I didn't link to it when I saw it last year. We would have had yet one more subject in common to discuss over dinner last month.

Note to everyone: Here's here's a new site for you to check out at your convenience. Dirty Harry, from one of my previous favorite clicks, is now the Editor in Chief at Andrew Breitbart's newest venture, Big Hollywood. Looks like it's going to be fun.

No comments: