Sunday, October 12, 2008

I'm still here . . .

Greetings, all! Lest you were wondering (as Tim was), I did get home safely from the LAX Crown Room lo those many weeks ago. However, that was just the beginning of a whirlwind round of trips. The next week I went to Chicago and Dallas. Last week, I went to LA (again), New York City, and Chicago (again). In that order. Starting in Atlanta. I'm still tired. Thus, I'm not totally ecstatic about my trip to Phoenix starting tomorrow. At least I'm only going to one city this week! On the upside, the Delta SkyMiles balance is looking impressive.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a travel blog. But, since I haven't even mentioned homeschooling in months (yes, we still do and yes, we still love it), why not. Maybe "A Mountain Homeschool Takes Flight" or some such.

Here's your travel tip for the day. If your trip to NYC means flying into JFK Airport, skip the taxi and call a car service. I did a little test this week - car service from airport to downtown; taxi from downtown to airport. The car service was CHEAPER. OK, not by much, but trust me when I tell you that the back seat of a Lincoln Town Car is far more pleasant than the back seat of a New York taxi.

Not only have I not had time to blog myself for weeks, I've barely been able to keep up with my favorite blogs to read. Oh, I've checked in on The Corner (usually from my blackberry), but that's about it.

I'll try to do better at both these next few weeks. After all, I've missed you guys!!!

G'night,
Chris

2 comments:

Laura said...

Glad to see you back! (I'm sure your family is *very* glad.)

Unknown said...

Glad to read that you are safe and sound! I assumed that you were busy with work. Hope to see youback soon.