Friday, September 12, 2008

Feeling gassy?

No, not that kind! I mean gas as in fuel for your auto.

If you live around here, I hope not. Blockus just called to let me know that the two gas stations closest to us are completely out of gas, and that stations in the nearest town are charging $4.50+ per gallon if they have gas at all.

Yikes!

(boy, I'm glad we filled up on our way home last night for the bargain price of $2.49 per gallon!!)

Hurricane Ike is making himself known even before he makes landfall.

To all of you Texas gulf-coasters out there, be safe. Our prayers are with you. And re-open those refineries as soon as you can!

4 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I got a taste of your local airport today...and I'll be in this city for 7 long days.

I didn't notice that the price of gas was unusually high.

Chris said...

BD,

Apparently, prices and shortages are pretty spotty around town.

Speaking of which, welcome! Let me know what part of town you're in and I'll make some food-ish recommendations. I'll be in and out of town all week with lots of trips through the airport; what day do you leave?

Unknown said...

$2.49 per gallon? Wow! Where did you find that? I haven't see $2.49 in years! Texas just enacted their price gouging laws. Some people just jacked their prices as soon as they could!

Chris said...

I was just reminded by my esteemed beloved that I paid $3.49 per gallon, not $2.49. Wouldn't that have been nice?!?!?

Still, $3.49 is pretty good for the metro ATL area. Better than the $4.50 or $5.00 that it spiked to yesterday. I haven't found out if prices have corrected themselves yet.