Sunday, September 7, 2008

A brief cultural moment . . .

You know those times when you pull into the driveway but have to wait in the car for a particular song to end? (OK, sometimes it's because you're waiting for the end of "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" on PBS or the end of Rush's opening-hour monologue). Anyway, we had one of those moments tonight.

You just can't turn off the car in the middle of Archibald Asparagus singing "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major General".

Try it.

I double-dog dare you.

Can't be done.

Veggie Tales does Gilbert and Sullivan. Now THAT'S entertainment!

By the way, Tim, I thought of you!

1 comment:

Timothy Power said...

Yes, I love that one. I would have been singing along right alongside him.

You haven't lived until you've sung that song under the bright stage lights with a fake mustache spirit-gummed to your upper lip. Good times, good times....