Monday, December 3, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!

Now that Thanksgiving is past; now that we've lit the first Advent candle; now that we've lined the front hall with boxes of decorations; I feel like I can finally say "Merry Christmas!"

I just realized that I haven't posted since before Thanksgiving. I have several "not just rambling about my day" posts brewing, but haven't had / taken the time to get them written. I'm not traveling this week, so maybe I'll get at least one done and submitted to next weeks Carnival.

Speaking of travel, I made a day trip to New York City last Friday. I'd never want to live there, but I love visiting. The flight up was awesome. First class upgrade, window seat. I had an amazing view of Manhattan as we came in. I grabbed a cab into the city like a veteran and made it to my destination. Visited with colleagues and clients at the IT conference I was attending, spoke that afternoon (the purpose for the trip), and then headed back to LaGuardia. I couldn't find a cab that took AMEX (I hate it when I leave on a trip with no cash; why do I do it so often?), so I called a car service and found a Starbucks to wait in. 20 minutes later I was in the back of a Lincoln Town Car riding up Central Park West looking at the sights. Note: if you ever find yourself in this situation, make sure to call you Mom and tell her where you are. They love to have a good "son makes good" story for their friends. Back to the airport; made an early flight home; got home in time for the last half of "Numbers" (one of the few network shows we watch).

The next day, I was cleaning the litter box and taking out the trash. It was good to get back to reality.

Til next time.

No comments: