Friday, November 16, 2007

Online Scrabble!

Some dear friends of ours from Birmingham (home-base prior to moving to North GA) have gotten us hooked on our first online game. Prior to now, my perception of online gaming was the stereotypical "let's all play serial killer" types that I've never been attracted to (much to everyone's relief, I'm sure).

But now! Online Scrabble. Play with 1, 2 or 3 other people. Play with people around the country or around the world. Check your words automatically in 5 different dictionaries. Ah, bliss.
Check it out for yourselves. (disclosure: there is a one time fee of $10 per person; they take pay-pal).

In the meantime, we're starting to expose Belle, Tink and The Boy to the real game. That and Boggle. You haven't had fun til you've played Boggle with a 6-year old!

2 comments:

jayant said...

You can play Scrabble online for free at http://www.scrabulous.com

Scrabulous offers you a practice mode as well as over emails and live Scrabble.

Timothy Power said...

I'm just trying to imagine playing Boggle with the Pillowfight Fairy (age 5).

She created a work of art today, containing the words "I AM THE WINER" (sic).

That's true on so many different levels, I can't count them. I'd therefore probably have to give her credit if it came up in a game of Boggle, since it's just so profound.